Traditional Krushevo cuisine combines Balkan and Mediterranean characteristics, inherited largely from Turkish tastes that prevailed during long centuries of Ottoman rule. Taste a variety of local fresh fruits and vegetables, sample local herbs that are grown in the mountains and the countryside, and pair rich, spicy, and diverse meals with unique wines produced in the vineyards of nearby Tikvesh.
Duration: 5-6 hours
Hotel accomodation: NA
Airport transfers: NA
Group sizes: up to 12 persons
In the morning hours we will take you to a traditional house in Krushevo where you will learn how to prepare traditional dishes. Before that, we will visit the green market of Krushevo, where you’ll find out more about the local fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices. Green markets around Macedonia provide the best opportunity for one to become familiar with the traditional and unique ingredients that create the Macedonian cuisine.
With the ingredients bought at the market, we will attend a cooking class, during which our hosts will teach you how to prepare some traditional meals. Four basic dishes from Krushevo will be prepared:
- Krushevo pie, a tasty kind of pie filled with homemade cheese, leeks, cabbage and/or spinach;
- Shopska salad, a type of salad consisted of cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, olives, onions and homemade cheese;
- Melted cheese in a Pot (Topeno Sirene) and
- Bey’s pot (Begovo Grne), one of the most famous traditional dishes of Krushevo.
Price and Inclusives
Price per person: Please inquire (price depends on group size)
- Ingredients for the cooking class
- Meals and activities (as per program)
- Tutorial and guidance by cooking instructor
- Individual expenses